Fall is not quite complete without chai lattes…am I right, am I right?!
I have been C-R-A-V-I-N-G chai recently and am always sooooo tempted to order it, but know the crazy amount of sugar would set me off, so no good.
Lavender lattes have been popping up all over the place and I am a huge lavender fan, especially cooking with it! I fall asleep to the scents of lavender in my diffuser each night as it seriously is so calming.
This lavender chai latte can easily be made dairy free with a coconut or nut milk, or heavy whipping cream like I like to use. I made up a jar and just added a few spoonfuls to my coffee in the morning along with Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides, which are my fav and seriously keep me full longer and my hair and skin way more healthy—the difference is huge!
You could easily make this with decaf coffee or even a Roobois style of tea for a fun, after dinner cozy drink!
Paleo Buttered Lavender Chai Latte
Lavender Chai Creamer
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream (coconut, cashew or almond milk for dairy free)
- 3 drops pure lavender essential oil*
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp-1tbsp raw honey or pure maple syrup (depending on desired sweetness)
*I can only recommend using this pure lavender essential oil, as many essential oils are not pure and could be harmful to you.
- 2 tbsp creamer
- 1 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 1 tbsp Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1-2 cups hot coffee
- Add all ingredients for the creamer to a blender and blend (if using heavy whipping cream, blend slowly so that it does not turn to whipped cream).
- Pour the creamer into a quart sized glass mason jar and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- To make the latte, brew hot coffee. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high for about 10 seconds until frothy! Serve with a dollop if whipped cream if desired.