And don’t forget the granola! This grain free granola is a basic recipe but full of flavor and texture. It is more on the crunchy, crumbly side rather than a sticky, cluster like granola. I honestly like to eat it by the spoonful but it’s also delicious with yogurt, whipped cream or even creamy chocolate ice cream for a sweet treat.
I love making this grain free granola for friends or family for a present or even a way to introduce them to healthy eating! In the printable bundle, I have included a recipe card for this recipe so that you can bake, package and tie with ribbon, giving a edible and healthy gift this holiday season. Hope you enjoy!
Grain Free & Paleo Crunchy Roasted Granola
Crunchy granola made entirely gluten free and Paleo using mixed nuts, shredded coconut and smoky cacao nibs.
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup finely shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup ground golden flaxseed
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulse several times. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and pulse again.
- Scoop granola onto a baking sheet, spreading into an even layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until granola begins to turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely before enjoying.
- Serve with yogurt, milk or even a scoop of creamy chocolate ice cream, or my favorite way, by the spoonful!
- Store remaining granola in an airtight container in a cool location.