Hi hi hi!!! I miss you all and blogging! I have been moving, and traveling, and did you see the exciting news of my husband’s grand promotion?! I am pretty much over the moon, and such a proud wife…I feel like certain occasions call for bragging right!?
Well, a huge thank you all for being patient with my while we packed up our house in anticipation for our big move to Spain! We actually don’t leave until Christmas time, but my hubby has school on the East Coast, so you will see me hoping around quite a bit!
Don’t worry! Since I am the crazy organized, over achiever, I stockpiled over 25 NEW recipes for you all for the next few months!! And since it is officially now September, queue the comfort food! Well, who am I kidding, I am always all about the comfort food!
Have you all tried Cappello’s grain and gluten free pastas yet?! I can honestly say that pasta is probably my all time favorite food and what I missed the most after going grain-free 5 years ago!
Thankfully, Cappello’s makes a simply fabulous grain-free fettuccine noodle which I absolutely love! I had never tried their gnocchi before a few weeks ago, so I decided to give it a whirl! Since it is grain-free, I did notice it soaking up a lot of liquid, so you may notice that in this recipe!
This one pot grain & gluten free gnocchi is just the ultimate comfort food and comes together so easily, that I know you will just love all the flavors and textures!
Go grab yourself a few boxes of Cappello’s today!
One Pot Gluten-Free Bacon, Mushroom Gnocchi
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 lbs bacon, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 cremni mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 large garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 box Cappello’s Grain & Gluten Free Gnocchi
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup ricotta, divided
- copious amounts of basil and parmesan to garnish
- Warm a large skillet (I recommend 12 inches or more) to medium heat, melting the butter in the pan, and bring a pot of water to a boil. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add the bacon, red onion, mushrooms, garlic, sea salt and pepper to the skillet and sauté for 10 minutes or until cooked and slightly golden brown. Stir occasionally so that the ingredients won’t burn or stick to the bottom of the skillet.
- Cook the gnocchi in the boiling water according to the Cappello’s box instructions.
- Whisk together the cream, chicken broth and half of the ricotta and set aside.
- Add the cooked gnocchi and cream mixture to the skillet and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ricotta cheese in doll-ups on the top of the skillet and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil and parmesan.