Growing up, I vividly remember my mom always making her famous New York style cheesecake for special occasions! It was always both of our favorite treats!
My first mother’s day just so happened to be 2 weeks after Remington’s birth and while my sweet mom was staying with me in Spain to help out with the baby. She asked what I wanted as a treat, and since my appetite is finally back after 9 months of not wanting to eat and not eating any treats at all due to type 1 diabetes, I quickly said cheesecake!!
We worked together to make this recipe both grain and gluten free but also very low glycemic. The whole recipe
only contains about 4 tablespoons of added sugar! This gluten free and low sugar New York style cheesecake is easy to make and SO luscious and creamy. Trust me, you are going to want to eat the whole thing!
My mom finally went home and my husband is still deployed, so it’s just me and the baby and lots of snuggles! It was fun to create this recipe with my mom and have a quick photo session while the baby slept, so today I am excited to share this with you all.
I hope this cheesecake brings lots of happy memories into your home too.
Gluten Free Low Glycemic New York Cheesecake
- 3 8oz. packages of cream cheese, soften to room temperature
- 6 eggs
- 2 heaping tbsp raw honey (I prefer this one as it is light in color and will keep the cheesecake light)
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups creme fraiche or sour cream
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup raw cashew pieces
- 3/4 cup raw pecans
- 1/4 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 8 tbsp butter, soften to room temperature
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp maple sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Remove the cream cheese from the refrigerator and set aside to soften and bring to room temperature for a minimum of 1 hour.
- When you are ready to make the cheesecake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and arrange the baking rack to the middle position.
- Use a hand mixer to beat softened cream cheese, eggs, raw honey, vanilla and lemon juice until smooth and creamy.
- Add all the nuts to the bowl of a food processor and pulse to a chunky, flour like consistency. Add the butter, honey, maple sugar and cinnamon and pulse until blended. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit into the bottom of a springform pan. Use your fingers to press the crust into the pan.
- Pour filling mixture in the pan on top of the nut crust.
- Place in the oven and bake (If you bake in a 9 inch springform pan the cake will take 50-55 minutes to bake. If you use a 10 inch pan it will take 40-45 minutes.) — watch very closely at the end as the cheesecake will continue baking once removed from the oven.
- Set aside to cool for 1 hour before spooning the creme fraiche topping on top.
- Refrigerator for a minimum of 24 hours before slicing and serving.