If you can count on my husband for a few things it is that he will make you the best steak or smoked ribs dinner of your life and always make sure you have a drink in your hand. Now when I mean drinks, I don’t necessarily mean alcoholic, but I do mean everything from hot coffee to sparkling water and my personal favorite, fresh lime margaritas! We sort of have developed an afternoon routine of making drinks together, usually just sparkling water or a cappuccino for me and quite often a Moscow Mule for my husband.
So funny story, we actually found out about this drink a few years back, because the copper mug caught my eye. Ever since then, I have slowly grown our copper collection of drink ware for birthdays and Christmas. Yes, drinks truly taste way better out of these copper mugs (which are on sale!), probably because they get so cold, so quickly and then you don’t need a bunch of ice, because who wants a watered down drink anyways! So ladies, if your wondering what to get your man for Valentines, hint hint…these will never disappoint!
You may be wondering what ginger beer is—well we were quite confused at first and no ginger beer is not alcoholic or anything like beer. It pretty much is stronger and fancier ginger-ale. If you use good quality ginger beer your drinks will have a bit of punch to them that makes these Moscow Mules just right! So don’t get lost wandering the beer aisles all afternoon like we did once!
Raspberry Moscow Mules
Fresh Raspberry Lime Syrup
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 1/2 oz fresh raspberry lime syrup
- 1 1/2 oz vodka*
- ginger beer/ginger ale (we prefer Reed’s Ginger Beer)
- lime, raspberries and mint, to garnish
*To make this non alcoholic, simply omit the vodka.
- Add the raspberries, lime juice and honey to a blender. Blend on high. Pour the puree through a fine mesh strainer, straining and discarding the seeds and excess pulp.
- Add the raspberry lime syrup and vodka to a cocktail shaker with a handful of ice. Shake sever al times.
- Add another handful of ice into your copper mug. Pour in the contents of the shaker and top with ginger beer. Garnish as desired.
- Make as many drinks as desired or needed, storing any remaining raspberry lime syrup in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Shop this set