Sometimes you just need a one pan, practically no clean up, comfort food dinner! This is that, especially if you drizzle some truffle oil on top! Plus the leftovers are great topped with a fried egg, just saying!
One of my all time favorite cooking fats is duck fat—the texture that it creates, especially with roasted potatoes and the depth of flavor is irreplaceable. I also love using duck fat because it offers different nutrients than the common butter and olive oil. Seriously, give duck fat a try, I promise you will love it!
People often ask me where I buy duck fat, so here are my suggestions!
Sources of Duck Fat
- US Wellness Meats
- Epic Provisions
- Fatworks (a podcast sponsor, so listen along for a discount 15% off code!)
One Pot Herb Roasted Potatoes and Sausage
- 1 1/2 lbs yukon gold potatoes
- 1 large red onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter or duck fat
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 lbs Italian sausage links*
*I personally recommend any sausages from US Wellness Meats.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Chop the potatoes and onion into small wedges and place in a large roasting dish or rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and slice the butter or duck fat into small cubes and arrange throughout.
- Season with the crushed garlic, fresh rosemary, sea salt and black pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then give the potatoes a stir and place the sausage links on top.
- Place back into the oven and continue roasting for an additional 35-40 minutes or until the potatoes are soft and golden brown.
- Serve with a simple side green salad for a complete meal.