I have a saying and it goes a little like, “When in doubt of what to make for dinner, start with an onion, butter, fresh herbs and go from there.” Well, I can tell you if you follow this advice, your dinners will (for the most part!) always turn out magical!
It seems like these days, I have been stuck endlessly working at my computer and at the end of all that I have no desire to clean a bunch of dishes! So I have been working on a few one-pot-wonder dinners for you all. If you haven’t listened to this week’s podcast episode, it is all about simple week night dinners and flavor boosters. Let’s just say caramelized onions stolen my heart!
I served this over a simple cauliflower mash and with a side salad with feta cheese and the most amazing, you will want to eat all the salad, dressing from my cookbook! Now that is dinner done right, with no clean up so more time for me to watch Downton Abbey, yay!
One Pot Braised Lamb with Caramelized Onions and Rosemary
- 2 lbs lamb loin chops (about 8 chops)
- 3 tbsp olive oil, separated
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4-5 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 large sweet onion (or 2 large)
- Place the lamb chops on a large plate and pat dry with a paper towel. Coat both sides with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Sprinkle both sides with salt and pat the crushed garlic and chopped rosemary into both sides.
- Drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil in the bottom of a large soup pot or dutch oven. Place half of the onions in the bottom of the pan, then the lamb then the remaining onions. Drizzle the top with the last tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place the lid on the pot and place on the stove over medium-low heat. Cook for 2 hours or until meat is very tender to touch with a fork.
*Please note: Because lamb bones are much smaller and the process of braising breaks them down, please watch as you eat!
Shop this post
You may also like
BBQ Meatballs with Cauliflower Mash Herbed Butternut Squash Rice with Sausage and Crispy Prosciutto
Looks delicious! I am all about reducing dishes, so I’m adding this lamb to my to-make list.
[…] One Pot Braised Lamb with Caramelized Onions and Rosemary […]