Can we talk about some life changing moments—these tortillas! Seriously, life changing! I can’t tell you how much tacos, quesadillas, breakfast tacos and tortillas have been missing from my life! Thank you Siete tortillas for truly creating the most magical grain-free and Paleo tortillas, I just want to hug you all I am so happy!
Other exciting moments—the husband is finally heading home after 3 months away! Although I have gotten to see him a few times, it just isn’t the same when he isn’t home. So I am just endlessly happy today! Typically our conversations transition to all the food we are going to cook, grill and put in the smoker—we love to cook together and good food is something he seriously misses when he is away! So I hope you all are ready for all the steak, smoked baby back ribs and tacos coming to my Instagram feed. Darn now I am hungry again!
In the summers, I absolutely love making fruit salsa! It is so simple to make and so colorful too, so it just dresses up any grilled meats and colorful foods truly make me happy. I typically don’t eat a lot of fruit due to having Type 1 diabetes as it is something that tends to bother me. But I love doing a fruit salsa or berries and cream as I do really well with those additions.
These grilled chipotle salmon tacos come together in a snap and I know you will love eating them all summer long! I absolutely love the simplicity of this meal, but the flavors will make everyone happy. I tend to gravitate towards spicier options, but just adjust the chipotle as needed. The sweetness of the salsa pairs fabulously with the grilled chipotle salmon.
Show me your creations on Instagram, because truly that makes me endlessly happy (seriously, I always jump with excitement when someone tags me). Happy taco Tuesday!
Gluten-Free & Paleo Chipotle Salmon Tacos with Peach Salsa
serves 4 hungry folks
- 1 1/2 lbs wild-caught salmon
- 1 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic granules
- 1/2-1 tsp chipotle powder*
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- drizzle of olive oil
- 2 peaches, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Siete gluten free & Paleo tortillas (I like the coconut ones best)
*depending on spice preference, adjust as needed (I use 1 tsp)
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Lightly rub both sides of the fish with olive oil. In a small mixing bowl, mix together the salt, garlic, chipotle, paprika and black pepper.
- Sprinkle on skin-less side of the salmon.
- Mix together the peaches, tomatoes, green onions, cilantro and lime juice. Set aside until you are ready to serve.
- Grill the salmon skin side down for 3-4 minutes, flip and continue cooking for an additional 3-4 minutes. Keep in mind, you really do not want to over cook salmon, so adjust according to the side and thickness of your fish.
- Place the grilled salmon on a plate, remove the skin and lightly flake the salmon into chunks.
- Fill your tortillas with salmon and scoops of fresh peach salsa.