A low carb and gluten free Greek pizza loaded with all your favorite toppings!
If you have followed me for any amount of time, you know that pizza is my all time favorite food, ok well along with cheese, steak and eggs. I often joke with my husband and friends that my dying wish is a large pizza, one with all the glory, flour and the fluffiest crust. It’s jokingly my dying wish because due to having Type 1 Diabetes (more of my health journey here), eating pizza like that might literally end me…ok but back to happier things, like this low-carb, grain-free pizza crust made simply with one ingredient and no flour involved!
Meat the meatza— a pizza crust made out of meat. I honestly can’t take credit for coming up with this idea originally as it is something I have seen many times on Pinterest! But whoever out there in the universe that thought of this, I am sending you a million internet hugs, because this pizza crust is life-changing!
The best part…the crust holds together SO well and the flavors combine to create something magical! I made this meatza with ground lamb because lamb always holds together so wonderfully so it truly gives you that crust like experience! I love the lamb from US Wellness Meats because it is always so tender and I find that the scent isn’t overwhelmingly strong as some lamb tends to be.
If you love pizza like me, check out my grain-free favorites…
- Grain Free Fluffy, Thick Crust Mini Pizzas
- Pepperoni Pizza Pot Pie Soup
- Pepperoni Crust Pizza Baked Eggs
- Chipotle Chicken, Bacon, Avocado Pizza
- Thin Crust Crispy Pizza on page 186 of my cookbook
- Classic Pepperoni Pizza on page 180 of my cookbook
- Potato Pizza Breakfast Skillet with Prosciutto and Eggs
Low Carb & Gluten Free Greek Pizza Meatza
- 1 lb grass-fed ground lamb
- 1 tbsp Primal Palate Super Gyro seasoning
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- fresh basil
- Warm oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the seasoning on the meat and gently rub it in so that the meat is seasoned, just don’t overdo it as the meat will become gummy.
- Divide meat into two portions and shape into a ball. Press the meat into a thin, round crust like shape and place on the parchment paper. Use the tips of your fingers to round out the shapes.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Drain and discard any excess grease transferring the meat crusts to new parchment paper and discarding the greasy paper. Blot the crusts lightly with paper towel.
- Pile on toppings starting with the sauce and then following in the order listed. Reserve the feta crumbles and fresh basil for after baking.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
- Garnish with feta cheese and fresh basil and a few sprinkles of Super Gyro seasoning because it’s delicious!