I started making this after having Remington. It is a quick and easy way to pack a punch full of nutrients in a tasty and satisfying way. And not going to lie, after becoming a mama I don’t always have the time to go grocery shopping and make a big salad or get in all the veggies. This green drink insures I’m getting in my greens right from the comforts of my pantry!
As usual with all my recipes, this isn’t very sweet—since I have Type 1 Diabetes, I keep my sugars and fruits to a minimum. Most green drinks and smoothies are full of sugary fruits that spike your blood sugar and can also lead to an afternoon sugar crash. You can always add in more frozen mango or even banana if you want something sweeter, but try it my way first!
You can always play around with the recipe but you want these basic components:
- Liquid: filter water, milkadamia (macadamia nut milk), vanilla almond milk, coconut milk
- Protein: collagen protein powder, almond butter or other nut butter
- Greens: Green powder, spirulina
- Extras: adaptogens, schisandra berry
- Sweetner: frozen mango, frozen pineapple, frozen banana
A bit about the ingredients:
Spirulina: boosts energy, is great for your heart and cholesterol and can help with heavy metal detox (something I’ve been working through this past year), high in iron and B complex vitamins which boosts energy
Schisandra berry: this is a liver and adrenal boosting adaptogen—it helps calm the effects of stress and supports energy.
You can play around and add different adaptogens or other nutrient boosters in depending on your own needs!
It’s really quite delicious and simple. Make sure you put it in the freezer too—the colder it is, the better!
My go to green drink
- 1 cup cold filtered water
- 1/2 cup vanilla nut milk
- 6-8 cubes frozen mango (more depending on desired sweetness)
- 2 tbsp creamy almond butter
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Beauty Greens
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen
- 1/2 tsp spirulina
- 1/4 tsp schisandra berry
- pinch sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a blender. Blend until very smooth.
- Pour into a glass or jar with a lid.
- For best results, place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Drink with a stainless steel straw. Enjoy!
leave a comment