I never thought I would get giddy about cleaning supplies and laundry soap?! Who am I? Wow, if only I could go back and tell my 20 year old self the things that would make me happy!
Enter non-toxic laundry solutions!
Have you all heard of Branch Basics?
No this isn’t sponsored and I spend my own money purchasing their amazing cleaning supplies! But their cleaning solutions are hands down the best!!
You all know I am not just about finding safer, non-toxic products—I am about finding safer, high performing products!! I don’t believe we should sacrifice our health or that performance factor!!
Switching to safer laundry solutions is one of the best places to start your clean living journey! Why? Because most of us wear clothing all day long, 24 hours a day! That means that whatever you are washing your clothes with has the potential to impact your health through your skin and respiratory tract!
That “so fresh and so clean” laundry smell we have been marketed sounds innocent, right? Sadly, when you breathe in that “fresh and clean” scent, you are actually breathing in toxic chemicals; harmful fragrances (protected as “trade secrets”); and potential endocrine disruptors, neurotoxins, and cancer-causing ingredients.
Although it may seem that you only use a small amount of detergent each day, that amount quickly adds up over time. Plus, it comes in contact with your skin 24 hours a day—from your clothes to your pillowcases. The residue from laundry detergent, stain removers, and dryer sheets slowly seeps into your skin as you wear your clothes. It also settles as dust around your house, contaminating the air quality you breathe.
The worst offenders to avoid in your laundry solutions:
- Fragrances: The one ingredient you want to avoid at all costs—fragrances are “trade secrets” and can literally contain thousands of chemicals that do not have to be tested or disclosed to the consumer. Fragrances can be serious hormone disruptors, neurotoxins and carcinogens.
- Brighteners: Brighteners may seem like a fabulous idea to keep your clothes looking new, but they are intentionally formulated to remain in the clothes, reflect light, and make your clothes look brighter.
- Bleach: Bleach causes the most household poisonings each year and can interact with other chemicals producing a toxic reaction that lingers long term.
Instead, look for laundry solutions that are:
- Plant and mineral based
- Preservative, paraben, phthalate free
- Human-safe + child-friendly
Branch Basics has a unique concentrate that keeps cleaning and laundry minimal and affordable! It’s a one and done solution that works for all your cleaning needs!
I love Branch Basics laundry solutions because they actually work to remove even the toughest of stains and odors but also I know that I am protecting my health and my families health one load of laundry at a time!
How I use Branch Basics for laundry:
- Grab their Laundry Kit or Starter Kit + a scrub brush!
- Fill up the laundry bottle with concentrate and water and use accordingly.
- Use the Oxygen Boost to remove stains: Spray a bit of All Purpose Spray over the stain, sprinkle a small amount of oxygen boost on top and then spray a bit more All Purpose Spray. Let it sit for 10-20 minutes before washing. For tough stains, use the scrub brush to agitate the stain area and then allow it to sit for 20+ minutes—this method has removed even the toughest of stains for us!
- For whites or soiled laundry: add one scoop of Oxygen Boost to each load.
*I recommend using the scrub brush or wearing cleaning gloves when using the Oxygen Boost as it is very powerful and dries out my hands if I don’t cover up.
Use the code “Flourish15” to save 15% off any Starter Kit or Laundry Kit through May 31st.
There you have it, my go to non-toxic laundry solution! I hope you and your family love this option as much as we do!