I can’t really even begin to describe my obsession with these little chorizo deviled eggs, or just a bite of happiness as I like to say! First, I am obsessed with eggs and topping everything with an egg, and second I am obsessed with chorizo, so this combination is pure magic! I guess as the saying goes you can’t ever quite take the Southern California Mexican food lover out of the girl!
Truthfully, I would rather eat these than chocolate most days, yes I know I am that weird salty, savory person! I always keep a batch of chorizo (recipe in my cookbook) in the freezer because it is just the perfect addition to breakfast or a quick snack.
We made these last week for a football party and I will for sure be making them again for the Super Bowl! I have a whole “Game Day Eats” chapter in my cookbook full of sweet and savory, “man-approved” goodies!
So go make these deviled eggs now, because I promise you will fight your friends or husband for the last one…just saying!
Spicy Chorizo Deviled Eggs
- 6 eggs*
- favorite hot sauce (I like Tapatio)
- 1/4 cup good quality mayo
- 1/2 cup chorizo sausage crumbles (recipe on page 20 of my cookbook)
- green onions, salt and pepper to garnish
*For best results, use eggs that are slightly older and not fresh.
**I recommend pastured ground pork from US Wellness Meats.
- Place the eggs in the bottom of a pan and cover with warm water. Bring to a rolling boil, remove from heat, cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the eggs and place in an ice water bath.
- Peal and discard the shells, rinsing under cool water.
- Slice the eggs in half, using your fingers to pinch the yolks together and place in a bowl with the mayo. Add a few drops of hot sauce to the empty egg whites.
- Whip the yolks and mayo together using an immersion blender and place in a pipping or ziplock bag. Snip off the end. Pipe into the hot sauce laced egg whites.
- Garnish with chorizo crumbles, green onions, salt and pepper!