A grain-free and gluten-free pizza crust topped with juicy summer peaches, fresh basil pesto and creamy burrata for a healthy slice of comfort food.
We just got home to Spain from the East Coast and my oh my, jet lag is hitting me hard this time. Maybe it is because I am almost one year older or I have just learned to not push myself and give myself the grace to take 3 hour naps rather than hustling through the next project. Working from a place of rest, not stress has been one of the biggest game changers in my life!
In the summer we usually cook most of our meals on the grill, but I have been craving pizza and the peaches are just perfect at the market recently, so I decided to make a sweet and savory pizza! This might just be my favorite summer flavor combination ever—sweet, juicy peaches, fresh pesto and salty prosciutto!
I don’t lie when I say, I usually keep a jar of pesto in my refrigerator and often eat it by the spoonful. Fresh basil pesto makes everything better and I have been loving adding it to everything this summer! I mean, it’s packed with lots of fresh basil, so this pizza is basically like eating a salad right?!
I am all about the healthy comfort food, and trust me, this grain free pizza will make you happy!
The thin, crispy crust from my cookbook, All American Paleo Table, is my favorite grain free crust to date. There is a secret ingredient in there that helps make the crust a bit lighter, since grain-free crusts can often get heavy. I will usually make a double batch and pre-bake a second crust so that I can pull it out of the freezer at a moment’s notice.
What is your favorite pizza flavor and combination?! Leave me a comment below so I can re-make a healthier version for YOU!
Gluten Free, Grain Free Peach, Pesto & Burrata Pizza
- 1 grain-free pizza crust (I used the thin, crispy crust from my cookbook pg 186)
- 1/2-3/4 cups fresh basil pesto
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 small zucchini, sliced into thin ribbons
- 6 oz fresh burrata cheese
- 6 slices of prosciutto
- 1 peach, thinly sliced
- fresh basil and micro greens to top
- Prepare your crust according to instructions, making sure the crust is on parchment paper for ease of slicing and cleanup.
- Next, turn up the heat to 425 degrees F.
- Spread the pesto out in a layer, making sure the entire crust is coated (use as much pesto as you prefer).
- Sprinkle on the mozzarella cheese in a thin layer, this is only designed to be a thin layer as we are going to add more cheese later.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and golden.
- While the pizza is baking, place the burrata on a paper towel, so most of the moisture can be removed.
- One the pizza has baked, immediately place dollops of burrata cheese on top to allow the heat to melt. Add the prosciutto, peaches and micro greens. Set aside for a few more minutes, then slice and serve!